Based on a feature request, we have updated the display of likes and comments in the News Feed and Discussion area of the Dashboard and SI Pages. You can now more easily see the users who have liked an item, and you can preview the first 3 comments without having to open the comments popup.
The National Network was released today! This new features set includes the National Network Map, List, and District Portfolios. Please view the new support article with demo video for more information, available here: https://modernteacher.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013132368-National-Network-District-Portfolios
Good news - now, any time you add a Work Product, SI Resource, PL Attachment, etc., you have the option to drag/drop the file instead of clicking and adding it from your finder. Check it out and let me know if there are any questions!
Similar to the PL Stats tracking on SIs for teachers, we can now track coaches' progress on the District PL Goals in the following SIs: 51, 52, 64, 79, and 95. Reminder that the coaches are assigned in SI 32.
Have you wanted to export all those PL Stats on the Dashboard to a nice spreadsheet? Now you can! If you're a School, Cohort, or district-level PL Manager, you can now click a little download icon next to each circle chart of stats on the Dashboard. This will export those stats to a CSV with each users' status on the selected module(s). Enjoy!
Professional Learning stats are now being tracked in SIs! Once the district's custom PL Goals are set in SI 31, teacher progress on each of the four goals will appear in SI 53 and up. Also, SI 32 can now be used to assign the district's coaches, giving them access to the Instructional Coaching module and tracking their progress on it. If you'd like to complete this module, please assign yourself as a coach in SI 32. See the new support article for more details, and reach out if you have any questions!
A few new updates today - the "Architect Procedures for the Modern Learning Environment" module is now available just below the Digital Learning Environment module, and all Pre-Assessments and Literacy Checks are in the process of being revised this week based on early user feedback. Ask Laura if you'd like access to the quiz answer keys.
Also, a new "Your Resources" filter is available in the Resource Library, allowing you to easily find any resources you have uploaded and shared in the platform, both from PL and DCF pages.
The Product team has been hard at work on the new Goal Cycle page, which is due for release today! Please see the updated support article on Goal Cycles for a new video tutorial and helpful information.
The team is also planning to release a feature today to distinguish Modern Teacher modules from district-created modules on the District PL Goals page, and they're hard at work on the Stats in SIs and National Network features. Reminder that mockups are available here.
Today we released the ability to deactivate users, which will remove their platform access while retaining all of their work in the platform (discussion comments, tasks created, resources shared, etc.). Users Managers can reactivate a deactivated user at any time. For more details, see the updated support article on managing district users.
Good news - we've just released another enhancement to the DCF. When in the default Grid View, you can now click on a Driver or Stage to access a list of all the SIs in that Driver or Stage. Click again to return to the basic Grid View. Note this new view is also compatible with our options to view and edit the Goal Cycle.
It's here! The new List View of the DCF is now available. You can now view all SIs as a list, search by keyword, and filter by Stage, Driver, Status, Owner, and Goal. Check it out and let me know if you have any feedback. Note that a new animation of it is available in the support center article on the DCF.
We also released updates to the Comparison Stats on Dashboard that excludes all users with DCF access from counting in the overall School. Cohort, or District totals. Users can be edited to count if they need to. To keep the stats looking busy, this change does not apply to our demo Wright district.
Today we released a new visualization of the Goal Cycle at the top of the Dashboard. This visual provides a mini-version of the larger Goal Cycle page, coming later this summer.
Tomorrow or early next week we'll release special notifications for Texas users when they receive their Fluency Micro-Certifications, listing our approved Texas CPE number.
We'll also release a change to the Comparison Stats so that users with DCF access are marked by default as not counting in the PL Stats. Note that I'll adjust this setting for our Wright (formerly Pleasantville) demo district to keep the stats looking pretty for demos. This release will help prepare us for the upcoming Stats in PL SIs feature.
Here are your product enhancements for the week!
1. We've updated the functionality around viewing and editing Goal Cycles. Now, if you select to show the goals, your selection will remain even if you leave the page or log out, making it possible for the view of the goals to be your default view of the DCF. You can always click to Hide them again. We've also changed the style of the Show/Hide Goals buttons and the placement of the Goal Cycle target date. To edit the Goal Cycle, appropriate users can click the new pencil edit icon at the top left when viewing the goals. See the new gif in the Goal Cycles article in the Support Center for a demonstration of these updates. These changes are a prerequisite to the upcoming List View of the DCF.
2. We've also updated some SIs to only have two status options: Not Started, or Started & Ongoing. Here's the list: 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 57, 58, 60, 72, 73, 76, 77
Good news - we released three new updates today!
1. We've replaced the pagination at the bottom of the Resource Library and News Feed with a "Load More" option. We have plans to also later replace the pagination on the Resources section at the top of the SI and PL pages.
1. Cross-District users now have their own PL Builder, where they can create modules and copy them to selected districts in their group. Once copied to a district, the module can be assigned to district users as usual.
2. We've made some changes so that it's easier to make internal updates to the Success Indicator titles and description language. Expect to see some SI updates early next week, and be sure to download and save the new PDF versions of the DCF, found here.
Two more new features today! You can now edit and delete your comments throughout the platform, and you can now navigate easily between PL Pages from within the page. Just hover over the page name at the top to access a dropdown list of the other PL Pages in that module, similar to the new navigation in Success Indicators.
Two new features were released today! You can now navigate to different SIs from within any selected SI. Just hover over the Stage or Driver above the SI title for a list of all SIs in that Stage or Driver, and click to navigate to a new SI. You can also now copy the SI Team from one SI to another if you are a DCF Manager or Driver Owner.
Our latest Modern Teacher PL Module is now available in the platform: Architect Rigorous Learning Experiences. Check it out!
More new enhancements are available - thanks again for the feature requests!
- SI Manage Bar Colors: All areas of the manage bar at the top of the SI now change colors. The status and Work Product areas already changed, but now the SI Owner and SI Team areas turn green when users are assigned to the SI. The Due Date also turns green when the date is in the future or when the SI is Complete. The date turns red when it's in the past, and yellow if it's in the coming week.
- Remove Owners: You can now remove existing SI Owners and Task Owners without replacing them with a new user. If you have the permissions, you can click the "Remove Owner" button below their name in the SI or Task.
- Work Product Update: SI Work Products now appear with their own filter in the SI Resource section of each SI, making it easier to find Work Products shared by other districts.
- Drag/Drop Logo & Banner: You can now add your district's logo and banner image on the District Management Brand page via drag/drop, and you can remove the existing images without replacing them.
Another small enhancement was released today. You can now delete Tasks within Success Indicators. Enter the Tasks page and click the trash/delete icon next to the Task's title. Thank you to Lisette and Ann for the feature request!
We released a nice feature enhancement this morning - you now have the ability to add titles or names to any links you add as resources throughout the platform. Names of files are still coming from the original file name, but links can be renamed so they don't appear just as a URL. Shout out to Ann, thanks for the feature request!